Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Degrassi "Army of Me" Episode Discussion

learned:

* "Army of Me": the word genius is thrown around much too much, but Bjork truly is one, and this is one of her best songs and videos.

* without his pearly whites, Tristan has no identity...

* "okay, time for me to round up all the blacks, I mean, all the suspects. don't sass me, I'm the law."

* Clare: she doesn't have a profile pic because she wants you to fall in love with her mind.
Drew: or she's ugly.
Clare: *takes off her blouse* do these puppies look ugly to you?
Drew: what are you doing?!
Clare: as Connor would say, flashing you my ample bosom.

* could the new teach be any more creepy? jumping on tables, secret clubs, offering to drive students wherever, meetings out in the middle of the LARPing woods, he's the predator version of that Robin Williams Captain teacher.

* "you will rue the day you prevented me from getting to science! Neil deGrasse Tyson is my uncle!"

* Dallas: Connor, open your eyes! these cops are racist! they're messing with us simply because we're black!
Connor: could that be true?
Dallas: we're two black guys, aren't we?
Connor: I suppose. I self-identify as nerd, not black, at least I did before my makeover. now I have no idea who I am.

* jock block? n to the o? can't wait 'til next week...





No comments: