Saturday, October 18, 2014

The Haunting Hour "Mrs. Worthington" Episode Discussion

learned:

* when i first saw scraps of this in the season trailer, i got excited, i couldn't wait to have Lois Lane grace this show with some high-caliber acting and name recognition...

* sister: mom, i need that dress, we are talking about social suicide here.
mom: suicide? it's just an eraser.
brother: not to me. all art supplies matter more than life itself.

* sister destroys the art pencil, pushing it all the way into the pencil sharpener.
brother: NO, NO!!! what did i tell you! art > life! here, put my finger into the sharpener, but NOT THE PENCIL!!!

* sister answers the door.
sister: um, who the fuck are you, old hag?
Mrs. Worthington: well what a fine greeting. you are one swell broad.
sister: sorry, i was transferring my rage at my mother not getting my dress over to you. you're innocent in all this and you seem like a sweet lady. please, ma'am, come on in.
Mrs. Worthington: thank you, i'm a vampire, i needed for you to invite me in. *sigh* i've lost all my motivation to act now...

* brother: Mrs. Worthington, is that you? you're really alive? are you here to carry out my revenge?
Mrs. Worthington: no, kid, i'm here to syrup your pancakes and make the medicine go down. actually i am here for the medicine part.

* brother: i've changed my mind! she really isn't that bad!
Mrs. Worthington: what do you mean? in the opening scene you wanted me to torture her you were so steaming mad at her. what changed?
brother: bad writing.
Mrs. Worthington: stop mouthing off at me! you will do as you're told!
brother: why?
Mrs. Worthington: honey, if i was able to call Superman on his bullshit, i'm certainly not taking any guff from a scrawny kid like you.

* sister opens the cabinet in the attic and sees her brother's sketches of her.
sister: so on top of being annoying, you're a stalker, too?
brother: no, i'm an artist. aren't my sketches good?
sister: well yeah, as stalker shrines go, i've seen worse.

* Mrs. Worthington: kid, you may have crumbled up and cut apart that sketch you drew of me, but i have the final revenge.
brother: how so? you're history, gone, erased.
Mrs. Worthington: i saw how much you enjoyed tearing me up, making me disappear. you've got a bright future ahead of you, son. make no mistake, your sister will be mean to you again...





No comments: