Thursday, October 16, 2014

Law & Order SVU "Holden's Manifesto" Episode Discussion

learned:

* three guesses why they named him Holden...and the first two are too angsty to care...

* Holden: idiots, they don't see me.
audience at home: we see you just fine, we can't miss you, your big head is all over our tv screens talking in that brilliant cadence.
Holden: nobody knows who i am, nobody notices me, beautiful women don't speak my name.
Liv: Holden? is that you? i'd like to talk to you.
Holden takes out his camera.
Liv: whoa, don't film this, this isn't police harassment.
Holden: no, i'm filming this to prove it happened. a beautiful woman spoke my name. all of my antisocial angst has lifted. i'm posting this video on my blog and turning over a new leaf. i really do like being a bike messenger.

* Liv: can i take my child home?
doctor: no you may not! i'm the doctor here!
Liv: i'm the producer here.

* teacher: every boy in my class had a crush on me. i mean, look at me.
Carisi: can you think of any reason why Holden would target you?
teacher: well i did get married...to a flute teacher.
Carisi: bingo. it's not that Holden's angry at you for getting married to not him, it's that it's the flute, y'know? i mean, the flute? you married that? the flute?

* Holden: see?! this is what I mean. I'm sure we have here the pretty cop dating the hunky cop.
Amaro: kid, I can assure you, Rollins and I have no chemistry whatsoever...

* Rollins: i took the time to read your entire manifesto.
Holden: wow, really? thank you, i put a lot of time and effort into that thing.
Rollins: not to be a grammar nazi, but there were a lot of your when it should be you're.
Holden: oh thanks. no it's okay, i'm like that, too. yeah, i kinda typed it out in a rush, so...
Rollins: would you like me, a beautiful woman, to kiss you?
Holden: sure, but pretty girls lie. but, for some reason, this time they don't. pucker up.
Rollins: kid, you better lean in and go for it like right now, like soon, you don't have much time, things are not gonna end well for you...












No comments: