Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Degrassi "Thunderstruck" Episode Discussion

learned:

* confession time: AC/DC were one of those bands I never got when I was young. all of my friends raved about them, so I finally listened to a sample tape, and......nothing. they've never done anything for me, they haven't stirred my soul and burst my heart the way Nirvana, NIN, and the Pumpkins do. I can appreciate that they are historic, but, y'know, that's about it. I mean, I like shorts and all.....well I did when I was younger, I only wear pants now.

* Chewy: so what, you're gay now? bi?
Miles: I'm just a dude having fun, riding a hedonistic wave of uncertain pleasure, puddle-jumping like Johnny Manziel, seeking my next high. Bieber is my BFF.
Chewy: that's the problem, man, you hurt everyone you love, and I thought I was your BFF.
Miles: hey Chewy, you're dead.
Miles shoots Chewy.
Miles: Degrassi just got real again, motherfuckers!

* Zoe: strip.
Maya: so you can ruin my life online again, you bitch?!
Zoe: no, so you won't catch cold. and honestly I want to compare boobs.
Maya: you stole my boyfriend, you bitch.
Zoe: um, no, you stole my boyfriend.
Maya: that's true. so, know any '80s theme songs?
Zoe: no, why would I?

* Eli: I promise, you breaking up with me freed me, I could walk the streets of New York alone, getting lonelier and lonelier.
Clare: but you fucked Lenore, right? I mean, her name is Lenore!
Eli: the goth side of me was tempted, but she was no Eclare. nothing will ever be as epic as Eclare: the Twilight of it, the hearse, the all-time opposites-attract of it, that one time I went crazy...
Clare: I'm not your soul mate, Eli, Paint Girl is.
Eli: I know, right? where the hell did she go? do you want to eat my hot dog?
Clare: what?
later, in Eli's dorm room:
Eli: don't worry, we'll sleep in the same bed but head-to-feet.
Clare: our body parts are aligned perfectly for coitus.

* Becky: did you fart?
Drew: depends, is this a comedy or a drama?
Becky: drama.
Drew: then no, it's deadly methane gas.
Drew breaks the wheel trying to turn it.
Drew: now it's a comedy.

* college-admissions lady: Clare, you are an IMPRESSIVE young woman. I can tell you have BIG plans. you're ready to get out there into the world and MILK it for all it's worth.
Clare: stop staring at my tits!

* Clare on the phone:
Clare: hello? this is she. am I okay? oh good, that's a relief.
Clare hangs up the phone.






No comments: