Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Degrassi "Hypnotize" Episode Discussion

learned:

* Frankie: Mom, I'm ugly.
Mom: no, honey, you're hot, and I'm not just saying that cos I'm your mom. take a look around our home and the Degrassi school and the city and its surrounding suburbs and our universe in general, have you noticed something? every single person you meet is a babe, there's not a scary-looking runt in the entire global litter. it's very unsettling.

* Tristan (lip-synching): we are Degrassi,
we go there.
well, we used to,
back in the '80s
and the first wave of this New Generation,
but now we're just a teen soap for girls,
by the way, when did this show become just for girls?
it was once a good high-school drama for all.
Degrassi, once great, how the mighty have fallen.
Skins UK, come back, every teenager is calling.

* Tristan: I'm mature, but this is still creepy.
Mr. Yates: would it help if I replaced the absinthe with orange juice?

* black girl: everyone wants to bed Jack, she's smoking! literally.
Imogen: pot is bad, but I want a girlfriend badder.
Jack: worse. you're cute and you're dressed as an indie Minnie Mouse so I'll let that one slide. was it worth it now that I'm yours?
Imogen: no. all I crave now are nachos. I hate nachos.

* Jack: open your mouth.
Imogen: you sound exactly like a guy I used to fuck.
Jack: I'm gonna fill your mouth with smoke. it's like the other stuff except less gross and less healthy.

No comments: