Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Degrassi "Wishlist" Episode Discussion

learned:

* Frankie: Boyfriend, why are you dressed like a hobo at my Gatsby party?
Chewy: i thought this was supposed to be 1929 after the Stock Market Crash. wanna split a fish i cooked over a dumpster fire?

* Frankie's mom: he's still your father.
Frankie: do we know that for sure?
Hunter: JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY

* Maya: i wonder why i don't have any girlfriends.
Maya's mother: cos you're not a lesbian.

* Frankie: okay "dad", gimme a pony. all girls want a pony.
Lola: i wanted a plastic pony figure. i used it to give me pleasure.
Frankie: you don't mean....?
Lola: yeah, i love making my younger brother smile. i gave it to him as a gift. he's a brony now, lives in a van down by the river.

* Damon: why don't you broads kiss?
Imogen kicks him in the nuts.
Damon: haha, no damage, i'm wearing a cup. the writers have made me a smart fat gangsta wannabe wigger bully with a cool backpack. my character is essentially insufferable.
Imogen sends Damon flying into the next county with her teleportation.
Imogen: that's the lesson to all you bullied kids out there: ignoring bullies doesn't work. standing up to bullies just empowers them. the only way to get rid of bullies is to get yourself a superpower.

* Frankie: Winston, haven't you ever tried Montreal-style bagels? you're Canadian, right?
Chewy: i've never had any sort of bread in my life, been too busy helming this musical.
pilot: okay i'll fly you to Paris for a favor.
Chewy: bruh, i'm standing right here, she's my girlfriend.
pilot: no, pick me up some real French cronuts, would ya?
Chewy: cronuts are disgusting.

* Jack's mom: who's this gorgeous young lady?
Imogen: hello, i'm your daughter's girlfrien---
Jack: ROOMMATE

* Maya: this is gonna be awesome, Bestie!
Zig: IKR? we'll get our hairs done and our nails did, we'll read bubblegum teen magazines, take their quizzes, get bloated off rocky road ice cream, spa days, bridge with the bluehairs, gossip about who has the cuter husband and why they stay out so late all the time on their business trips, little nip/tuck, fret over a broken nail, manipedis in our bikinis, poolside sunbathing, salivate over all the Taylors, moan about our box gaps, Mind The Thigh Gap, amiright?
Maya: i'm all for masculinity in 2015 and gender fluidity, but this is just weird.

* Frankie's dad: you don't understand, Daughter, the Power was intoxicating, it corrupted me, turning me into your standard politician, it infected my senses, my moral compass went out the window, it controlled me like a parasite, blinding me to my family, to my humanity.
Frankie: okay, let's give this one more try. hey, what's that you're hiding behind your back?
Frankie's dad: it's the Power Sword. I HAVE THE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Frankie's dad turns into He-Man.
Frankie's dad: oh come on, you had to know i was He-Man, look at my flowing gold locks.




No comments: