Sunday, March 2, 2014

Saturday Night Live Jim Parsons / Beck Episode Discussion

learned:

* I have Olympics withdrawal. instead of this, can we have one more week of those quirky Games? please?

* cold open: which will ruin the Oscars? a) Putin b) California flooding. taking all bets. hurry, you have only one more day to vote. your choice on your ballot will be sealed in a secret envelope and read only on the day of...

* opening monologue: I thought all actors want to permanently escape into their signature roles because their real lives are boring. disappear in plain sight.

* Beck: second song was pretty, but I still prefer the grungey '90s version of Beck. he was rawer, more real, more experimental, more lyrical back then. he was just better back then, says me wearing a certain pair of glasses. it continues to have me imagine what Kurt Cobain's sound would be like in 2014. fascinating.

* Weekend Update: Colin Jost: okay, well, sure, I suppose, but why can't Cecily just anchor this alone again?

* it's all fun and games until someone's ass gets tickled.

No comments: