Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Degrassi "What It's Like" Episode Discussion

learned:

* "no exceptions. the dog ate your homework, space aliens, bad television, no exceptions. wait, weren't you Cam's last girlfriend? never mind."

* Frodo fascism? is that like there is only one precious ring, and only one can have the Precious?

* ---what's a macchiato?
---oh, it's this thing, y'know...
---shut up! I'm Christian, not dumb. whatever, the new girl's a bitch.
---nah, she's supercool and hip and smart.
---everything I'm not?
---I didn't say that. look, when two bonafide lesbian characters meet in a tv teen drama, they will hook up, it's a fait accompli.
---not if I become a lesbian first!
---isn't this just about your rapist brother?
---yup. I had two choices as a reaction, either come out as gay or atheist.

* "those group homes aren't like Oliver! at all, they're worse: they're like Annie."

* this Connor and Jenna relationship really is an experiment, the writers' experiment. fan poll after fan poll show that nobody in the audience gets this pairing...

* "I'm not really squatting, I'm practicing...breaking into houses...in case nothing else works out for me."

* ---Mom said it was okay to live with us.
---so, I'm going from one form of squatting to another.
---remember, no hanky-panky.
---does that include anal?

No comments: