Monday, October 19, 2015

Doctor Who "The Girl Who Died" Episode Discussion

learned:

* the Doctor: want to play a Game, little girl?
Arya: okay, let's hear them all, get them all out of your system.
the Doctor: Arya excited to see me?
the Doctor: Winter isn't the only thing that's coming.
Arya: that's gross, old man!
the Doctor: no I meant the Doctor and Clara are coming, that's all.

* the Doctor: behold my sonic yo-yo! next week Moffat's got me wearing a sonic red Make America Great Again cap.

* villagers: do not mock our beliefs! we believe a man in the clouds controls our destinies, if we don't please him, we die.
the Doctor: agreed, you can't help being simple and less technologically-advanced.
villagers: do you believe in a God, sir?
the Doctor: I am God.
villagers: but what happens when you die?
the Doctor: I will never die...

* Arya: I will fight you to the death!
false Odin: that's the proper Viking way! I was just about to surrender in writing.
Clara: so close. Arya, what's the point of throwing your life away in hopeless battle?
Arya: honor.
Clara: don't you want to live long enough to pick out a prom dress?

* the Doctor: I can speak baby.
Clara: what is it saying?
the Doctor: it's saying I want my mommy and it's coming from your belly. Danny's?
Clara: um, no, remember last year when we both got drunk, ditched the Christmas party, and huddled together for warmth on the surface of the sun?...

* the Doctor: I've got it! electric eels!
the Doctor tries the eels but they don't work.
the Doctor: where's all the power?
Arya: they're PG&E eels.

* the Doctor: the technology under the helmet fried her poor brain.
Clara: same thing happened when Nintendo rolled out the Virtual Boy.

* the Doctor: I have randomly decided to make you immortal.
Arya: thanks for healing me and everything but I think you went a little overboard.
the Doctor: I always want to have you by my side.
Arya: that's gross, old man.

No comments: