Sunday, January 19, 2014

Saturday Night Live Drake Episode Discussion

learned:

* WHAT?! THERE'S A NEW CAST MEMBER?! AND SHE'S A BLACK WOMAN?!

* yeah, that sun with the baby face? yeah, sorry, but I always found that creepy as f***.

* as the musical guest: first song: sick beat. second song: there's gonna be a sex break during the commercial break, if you know what I mean...too bad they can't film that, but then it wouldn't be a proper break.

* Weekend Update: I am definitely down for some naked nonsense with "Arianna". let me just get my that special bike...

* don't blame her/him, Indiana Jones is cool 'n' all, but have you tasted Rice-a-Roni chicken flavor? that shit is fucking tasty.

* I was expecting the Sasheer spotlight to drown out anything Drake did, but if turns out this was Drake's show tonight from the jump. there wasn't a clever "look at us! we hired a black woman" sketch, not even a quick mention of race or gender, she just fell seamlessly into the cast with nary a whisper, which is a good thing. turns out my boy can act, be funny, do impressions, and sing, but we all expected that, he was on Degrassi after all. speaking of barely mentions, Degrassi did get a shout-out but not a sketch...well, not a direct sketch anyway. too Canadian for SNL to bother with?

No comments: